- Jason Wallach was recognized by the Los Angeles County Bar Association for his service as chair of the Executive Committee of the Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section at a dinner on September 6, 2014.
- Arthur Willner was interviewed by the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) regarding his First Amendment practice and his recent successful resolution of a free speech case undertaken on their behalf.
- Tazamisha Imara joins Gladstone Michel Labor & Employment Group
- Anthony DiPietra recognized as a 2014 Super Lawyers Rising Star
Congratulations to Gladstone Michel client Jonathan Jackson, whose ABC television series "Nashville" has been renewed for a third season with a full 22-episode order. Jonathan plays the character Avery Barkley. Read more in the Hollywood Reporter.
- Gene Weisberg will co-present a webinar on May 21, 2014, at 9 a.m. PDT, on the rights of innocent co-insureds in fraud investigations, titled “Don’t Worry, Dear, They Have To Pay You Even Though I Caused The Loss: When Must An Innocent Co-Insured Be Paid?” The webinar is free to CLM (Claims And Litigation Management Alliance) members, and membership is free to insurance industry employees. Registration is required to attend the half hour webinar. Click here for more information.
- Jason Wallach will be presenting a lunchtime seminar on May 20, 2014, on "Laying Down the Law: The Bankruptcy Court's Equitable Powers and Strategic Considerations After Law V. Siegel" at the Los Angeles County Bar Association headquarters, located at 1055 West 7th Street. For more information and to register click here.
- Arthur Willner successfully resolved a 1st Amendment retaliation case on behalf of a college instructor subjected to disciplinary action for purportedly insensitive speech. The court found that the instructor's classroom speech to his emergency medical technology students, including the hostile epithets often heard by first responders on emergency calls, was protected speech.
- Gene Weisberg spoke at the CLM Annual Conference on April 10, 2014 in Boca Raton, Florida, on the pros and cons of an insurance company having, or not having, a claims manual.
- Owen Sloane was quoted in Forbes regarding the upcoming release of the new Michael Jackson album Xscape.
- Arthur Willner authors Daily Journal article on 9th Circuit opinion regarding 1st Amendment rights of high school students.
- Rachel Stilwell was featured in the State Bar of Texas Bar Blog regarding her SXSW panel presentation on music policy, with General Counsel of the United States Copyright Office Jacqueline Charlesworth and moderator Peter Strand.
- Arthur Willner authors Daily Journal article on 9th Circuit opinion regarding 1st Amendment protection of government-employed academics
- Owen Sloane was quoted in Forbes regarding the promotional value of Bruno Mars' Super Bowl halftime performance.
- Seven Gladstone Michel partners were recognized as 2014 Super Lawyers
Owen Sloane was quoted in Yahoo! regarding the leaked Kim Kardashian, Kanye West engagement video.
- Owen Sloane was interviewed by Forbes regarding SFX Entertainment's possible liability for drug related incidents at events.
- Rachel Stilwell contributed a Q&A to the book, "Ulitmate Guide to You Tube for Business" regarding the use of YouTube videos in business and personal marketing campaigns.
- Read Owen Sloane's latest article in Music Connection, "Co-writing a Song?...Take Care of Business First!"
- Owen Sloane and Rachel Stilwell served as Production Counsel for documentary feature film Dark Girls.